Question Garbage Audio after my new PC Build

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Today I built a Ill say a Mid-Range PC designed for gaming.

Summary from Speccy:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz 26 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B365M-K (LGA1151) 25 °C
Graphics
S22D300 (1920x1080@59Hz)
4096MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (Gigabyte) 42 °C
Storage
111GB KINGSTON SUV400S37120G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 23 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA ) 28 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

While i love the performance of the processor and that, I'm so unsatisfied of the Audio, I only use headphones, I plug the jack into the rear Middle Green Slot, Then it asks me what did I just plug in, Headphone or Front Speaker Out (Odd because I've haven't found a way to connect front case audio yet). So I choose Headphone. It's too quiet and horribily garbled and distorted, So I unplug and plug in and select the other option makes no difference. I tried Loudness Equalization in audio setting, and while it increases the volume slightly, it's still too quiet. I then Tried another pair of headphones, while I think they sounded a little better, they were also far too quiet. So I've been over 2 hours finding settings anywhere I could to hope for improvement.

I mean some "Gaming" PC with audio like that. Any solution ? or it this what I suppose to expect from a cheap motherboard?

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
No I presumed Windows automatically has already done that for me with it's updates from a clean install , as ASUS Realtek Audio Manager program Pops up everytime I plug a something in the audio out jack. And ASUS is the name of my motherboard.

Then I guess I should try google ASUS Realtek High Definition Audio Driver I'm guessing...

Apr 18, 2019
if you haven't downloaded drivers for anything your going to want to, or else you might get a bunch of weird and buggy results, especially gpu drivers. if you look up your motherboard, on the manufacturer's website should have the divers you need on if, with the gpu you'll have to get that one separately:).

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Thanks, explains that the Motherboard and Graphics Card had CD's packaged with them, starters I no longer have a such a drive to install them, and usually after you buy the products they are usually out of the date anyway, so I ignored them, and relied on windows update to detect them and install the approriate drivers.

While all the games are running good, guess I i'm not making the most of my graphics card without any tuner software or anything so I'm looking there now... fingers crossed..!

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
After digging around I found an old USB Audio with jack inputs, so I now tried that, ok sound is clear and louder but there is certainly a volume problem, even listening to the loudest videos looking at the the live green volume bar, never reaches higher than a quarter the way.

My MB is only a MicroATX, the Video Card is Huge, there is No way It could have room to accounimate a Sound Card or anything else, and plus I expected decent audio, as I have Never needed a sound card in past of my previous builds.

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Ok I have Managed to boost my audio volume up further and it's even a lot clearer, i'm almost satisfied now, So MANY audio settings, I just found ANOTHER Audio configuartion program hidden in the Start Menu, ASUS Realtek Audio Control and has more option than ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager which making me rip my hair out. I changed Front Speaker Out to HeadPhones then BOOM! A Lot louder and clearer, then found the Loudness Equalization option there too, now made things almost perfect and the Bass has come alive too.

One thing i didn't think about doing, I should of checked if theres any Audio options in BIOS. I don't plan on ever using the front panel audio jacks, only rear ones, should I disable this? Or will it could issues in windows?

Now time to perfectation my Graphics Card, now that's another story, and hopefully not another thread unless I run into another unsolvable problem. Wish myself luck...

Apr 18, 2019
Ok I have Managed to boost my audio volume up further and it's even a lot clearer, i'm almost satisfied now, So MANY audio settings, I just found ANOTHER Audio configuartion program hidden in the Start Menu, ASUS Realtek Audio Control and has more option than ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager which making me rip my hair out. I changed Front Speaker Out to HeadPhones then BOOM! A Lot louder and clearer, then found the Loudness Equalization option there too, now made things almost perfect and the Bass has come alive too.

One thing i didn't think about doing, I should of checked if theres any Audio options in BIOS. I don't plan on ever using the front panel audio jacks, only rear ones, should I disable this? Or will it could issues in windows?

Now time to perfectation my Graphics Card, now that's another story, and hopefully not another thread unless I run into another unsolvable problem. Wish myself luck...

I don't think you'll find any audio settings in your BIOS. plus s don't think there would be any benefit to disabling your front audio jacks.