Gartner Pessimistic About Chip Industry This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
"Further down the road, Gartner expects smartphone and tablets to drive semiconductor growth. Through 2013, two thirds of the growth will be fueled by the ultra-mobile segment, the firm said."

For once, I wish that humanity's end WOULD happen in 2012 so that I don't have to see this misery. Though, who cares... can't run my games and other demanding programs smoothly - GTFO. Not everybody needs a fast desktop CPU, so let them settle for their "mobile" stuff, if that's what they want.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]"Further down the road, Gartner expects smartphone and tablets to drive semiconductor growth. Through 2013, two thirds of the growth will be fueled by the ultra-mobile segment, the firm said."For once, I wish that humanity's end WOULD happen in 2012 so that I don't have to see this misery. Though, who cares... can't run my games and other demanding programs smoothly - GTFO. Not everybody needs a fast desktop CPU, so let them settle for their "mobile" stuff, if that's what they want.[/citation]

What the hell are you talking about? Just because you find no use for a smartphone or tablet doesn't mean they are useless. I have no use for a tablet but my folks seem to love them when it comes to easy portable browsing.

To dumb what I am saying down for you, just because you like SUVs doesn't mean car manufacturers shouldn't make any other type of car.

I think they are under estimating Bulldozer, Fusion, Sandy Bridge and the need for businesses to move off of Windows XP. I would like Douglass Perry to add a calendar reminder to check back in on 4th quarter to see if Gartner was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.