Question Gateron Red vs. Outemu Red

Jul 3, 2019
I can hardly find an in depth comparison with these switches. I am planning to buy another mechanical keyboard with a universal socket. It can be changed to Cherry, Gaterons, Kailh, etc... I just want to hear from the more experienced mechanical keyboard users about these two switches. They say that Gateron switches are smoother than even Cherry MXs. Both Gaterons and Outemus have almost the same price at my place with the gaterons pricing around $2 more than the outemus. Please let me know your thoughts or in depth comparison about these two switches. Which is more worth the money?

P.S. I don't like clicky/tactile switches.

Most people prefer Cherry switches.View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6j4z2o/cherry_mx_red_vs_outemu_red_whats_the_difference/

Red switches are more linear than the Blue switches which are more clicky and tactile. Generally, Cherry switches are more consistant and but slightly more scratchy then gaterons.

If you don't like tactile or clicky switches I would suggest a brown switch or a quality membrane. https://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

Jul 3, 2019
Thank you. I know about reds being linear and blues being clicky. I really like the feel of linear switches without that click/tactile feel. Right now, I am choosing between Gateron and Outemu Switches. I've read a lot of good things about gateron switches, a few bad things as well, but I have read more bad things about Outemu switches compared to gateron.

My current mechanical keyboard uses Outemu red switches which feels sooo nice, and I haven't tried gateron red switches. Unfortunately I do not have access to other mechanical keyboards that has that kind of switch, unless I purchase one. This brings me to the question, which one of the two switches (Gateron Red or Outemu Red) is more worth the money? I surely like my Outemu reds, but have read a lot of bad things that could occur with these switches. Also, the main selling point of gateron switches for me is that almost everyone or any article I've read online says that it is smoother than Outemu and Even Cherry MXs switches. Probably the smoothest switch compared to any other brands. I'm leaning towards the cheap side so I will not be purchasing Cherry MXs for now. Hope to hear more from you guys who have tried both.