Gateway fx6800 01e cooling many questons not all model specific

stover197

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Q.1 i have a fx6000 01e and took the front bazel off the case and noticed what looks like a place on the bottom/front of the case for a 60 or 80 mm fan i removed the bottom insert frtm the bazel and it looks like it was made to mount intake fan to work there any one with this model done this? or know wich size i should use?

Q.2 my power supply recently failed and i ordered a corsair 650watt tx and it says the fan is on the bottom the stock psu fan was on back i dont know if the fan 4 psu's are intake or exhaust?it sits right above cpu and cpu cooler so i don't think i want it sucking in or blowing hotair from or into cpu maybe does't matter?

Q.3 if the above matters i have read about people installing this psu upside down but i would have to cut an opening in the top of the case for intake or exhaust would this be recommended?

Q.4 if i buy a case fan how will i know if it is for intake or exhaust or if i can just turn it around or something to make it whatever i want, again how will i know wich job it is doing?

any or all answers appreciated ty in advance

Solution
1. Don't know for sure, but most likely it is meant for an 80mm fan.

2. Power supply fans are intake when mounted on the bottom and exhaust if mounted on the back.

3. You won't need to mount the power supply upside down.

4. There will be direction arrows showing which direction the fan spins and which way the air blows. You can mount any fan as intake or exhaust by simply turning it around.
1. Don't know for sure, but most likely it is meant for an 80mm fan.

2. Power supply fans are intake when mounted on the bottom and exhaust if mounted on the back.

3. You won't need to mount the power supply upside down.

4. There will be direction arrows showing which direction the fan spins and which way the air blows. You can mount any fan as intake or exhaust by simply turning it around.

Solution

stover197

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
i got a ruler and 80mm it is
did some research on my amazon had some user posted images of psu similar setup to mine
i ordered the 80mm fan and am confident i won't have any problems now you answered all questions simply and thorohly
ty best answer

stover197

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

i got a ruler and 80mm it is
did some research on my amazon had some user posted images of psu similar setup to mine
i ordered the 80mm fan and am confident i won't have any problems now you answered all questions simply and thorohly
ty best answer