Gateway nv53 touchpad does not works

Status
Not open for further replies.

tttony

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Hello, I've received a Gateway NV53

So I've restored the system with the internal recovery but the touchpad still does not works

Thanks

is the software for the touchpad running? (typically there should be an icon for it in the tray next to where you clock is)

synaptec is the most common one

also, i'm not familiar with your exact laptop case, but some laptops have a switch to disable the touchpad, make sure you don't have something like that.

check in device manager that your computer sees the touchpad as part of the hardware on the system

tttony

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Yes, I have installed the Synaptic software but in the Control Panel under Mouse does not detect the Touchpad

The laptop has a touch panel and one of the touch buttons does not work, I have read the manual and says that button is that active the Touchpad :fou:

I will disassembly the laptop to see what going on, here there is a good How-to open the laptop

Thanks AntiZig

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I highly doubt a connection has came loose and if you disassemble the laptop you may do more damage then good unless you've did it before. Sounds to me like a driver issue, You will need to do like AntiZig said and check the device manager to see if its there, if you have a Yellow Yeld like icon next to something goto properties/details/hardwareID, then take that odd number down and put it into Google to see if anything comes up. Then locate the newest driver and give that a try.

tttony

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
I restored the system and the problem persist

I installed the Synaptic driver downloaded from Gateway site and after restart the computer Windows show me a message like "There is no pointing device"

I opened the laptop and I can confirm that the Touch button that enable the Touchpad is deffective

I tried everything

Yyyyyy

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
more than likely it's not broke but you accidentally disabled the touchpad.. on my gateway just about inch above the top of the keyboard is a series of touch to activate buttons such as volume control up and down volume mute there is also keypad disable :) bad idea from gateway.. check to see if touchpad is lit, if it's lit your touchpad is disabled.

easy fix :)

tttony

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

I opened the laptop and I can confirm that the Touch button that enable the Touchpad is deffective

zenmaster_05

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
i feel you tttony. I have the same labtop and I am going through the same problem that you are. Everything works on the computer but the touchpad and no one has the answer to fix it. Not even Gateway. How do you sell a machine with your name on it and don't have an idea how to fix the problems with it. BS!!!!

tttony

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

Not even Gateway??

Are you sure??

They MUST have the parts for the laptop

So, they MUST solve the problem

DonPhil

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Similar problems here on brand new Gateway NV57H50u with Windows7
(SP1, updated etc.)
1. Touchpad cursor freezes after 5 minutes, usually briefly
curable by Alt-Tab to another window and back again.
2. Cursor repeats some action 25+ times, e.g. opening Firefox browser
25+ times, opening a text file once then inserting Line Feed 25+ times.
3. Intermittent problems at login, cycling Welcome screen 5 to 15 min.
Gateway declines to fix or advise.

tttony

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

Decline what? :eek:

Is it still with warranty?

If so then they MUST fix the problem

Even if the laptop is not under warranty they MUST have the replacement for the laptop, then nobody will buy from them

I can't believe this...

juwon

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
look at keyboard for a key that has a picture of the touchpad with an X through ( on gateway laptop it on F7) it, click it and it will be enabled. if the touchpad is from symantec click on that in the system tray then click enable touchpad. this can also be found in properties, mouse, touchpad.

Juwon

dbzjgo

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Juwon! your'e the man! thank you! I can't believe that this problem has been persisting so long with my laptop and I haven't noticed that button ( in my Gateway NV57H35 is above F6 )..

dbzjgo

Status
Not open for further replies.