Gateway-Period Stain on Panties of Progress?

After calling GW sales recently, that's my assessment.

Ed

On 15 Jul 2005 13:57:54 -0700, calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:

> After calling GW sales recently, that's my assessment.

Now don't hold back, tell us what you really think <grin>.....

All kidding aside, I read some humorous posts a while back on another
NG about calls to Gateway Sales and calls to Gateway's Indian Support.
It would appear by the idiocy of both that Gateway must have finally
moved its sales to India also. As a matter of fact, old Abdul that
answers their support calls also takes sales calls for them.

I mean, go for the GOLD! If you are going to have support that
doesn't know a computer from a horse's arse, then why should you have
a sales staff that know anything about a computer?

Regards,
Ed

That IS a delicate way of putting it.

On 15 Jul 2005 13:57:54 -0700, calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:

> After calling GW sales recently, that's my assessment.

Williams

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005

Have you checked HP Tech Support lately? The "techs" I spoke with -- who
are from India -- over a frustrating 4 day period didn't know much about
computers and knew even less about the specifics of HP machines!

"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> On 15 Jul 2005 13:57:54 -0700, calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> After calling GW sales recently, that's my assessment.
>
> Now don't hold back, tell us what you really think <grin>.....
>
> All kidding aside, I read some humorous posts a while back on another
> NG about calls to Gateway Sales and calls to Gateway's Indian Support.
> It would appear by the idiocy of both that Gateway must have finally
> moved its sales to India also. As a matter of fact, old Abdul that
> answers their support calls also takes sales calls for them.
>
> I mean, go for the GOLD! If you are going to have support that
> doesn't know a computer from a horse's arse, then why should you have
> a sales staff that know anything about a computer?
>
> Regards,
> Ed

It's the latest fad. Phone tech support for Dell and IBM is often offshore too.
Somehow, when I call either Dell or IBM, I occasionally end up with someone who
speaks a dialect of American English, born and raised in one of the 50 states.

.... Ben Myers