Gateway Pro M1000 Question.

trey

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Have this older system and use it alot. It is starting to show it's
age. I have RAM maxed at 512MB (PC133)

Does anyone know what the fastest CPU this will take. It's based on
the Intel 815 Chipset and currently has a P3 933MHz

I have seen P3's as high as this:

Intel Pentium III 1.4Ghz

But am not sure if that will work in this system. Need as much CPU as
this old gal will take.

Thanks !

The bad news is that it's probably not worth upgrading - the cost of a 1.4
GHz P3 is still fairly high, and the cost of the adapter (www.powerleap.com)
you'd need, plus the likely need for a new, non-Gateway BIOS may preclude
upgrading.