Gateway Service Center

Called GW today to see if something went wrong with my PC what happens.
They informed me that if I could not fix it with Tech Support that tech
support would set up for it to be sent in. Though I would have to pay
for the shipping and insurance to Little Rock, Arkansas. Was told turn
around could be anywhere from 7 to 30 day. I asked if there was any talk
about making authorized service centers they said definitely NO. So I
put in a suggestion for authorized service centers, what can they say NO.

Unless it's a notebook computer, there's nothing that can't be replaced
inside in 30 minutes or less.
If it is a notebook, return to depot repair is usually the only option,
unless you've purchased an on-site warranty.

"RDBrimmer" <ronb21@att.net> wrote in message
> Called GW today to see if something went wrong with my PC what happens.
> They informed me that if I could not fix it with Tech Support that tech
> support would set up for it to be sent in. Though I would have to pay
> for the shipping and insurance to Little Rock, Arkansas. Was told turn
> around could be anywhere from 7 to 30 day. I asked if there was any talk
> about making authorized service centers they said definitely NO. So I
> put in a suggestion for authorized service centers, what can they say NO.

If it's going to Little Rock, that means Celestica, which is as far as
I know a desktop option. Notebooks went to Teleplan in Dallas-actually
Irving-but another outsourcer, perhaps Selectron, was doing some new
models as I left contact with the company. Profiles went to Teleplan
except for one model-Profile 3?-which was Arima in Houston.

Not having the country store service eliminates a big motivation to
buy a Gateway in the first place, except the service was so bad since
2001 or so it's almost a secret blessing.