Gateway: Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Seen

My daughter received a new Gateway laptop for Christmas. The hard drive
failed after less than 2 months. It has been at Gateway for repair for more
than SIX WEEKS! And she is still waiting for it!!! First they had not hard
drives to do the repair, then they were being shipped from another
location. Can you believe that a major computer manufacturer is running out
of hard drives for 6 weeks??

They also have a serious problem with their internal tracking system: on 3
different occasions she was told that they lost the laptop, then a
supervisor told her that regular technicians can’t see it in their system
when it is a product sold in Canada. Also, they do NOT have an 800 number
so we probably spent over $30 in long distance charges.

Believe me, STAY AWAY FROM GATEWAY, it is the worst customer service I have
seen in my life.

Also, read the fine print when a Future Shop employee wants to sell you an
extended warranty. You may be surprised when your equipment fails.

It looks like Gateway is not going to be around all that much longer
anyway.

ME

> It looks like Gateway is not going to be around all that much longer
>anyway.

How doe eMachine customer service compare?

Aren't eMachine and Gateway one and the same company?

Same company for all practical purposes. Mediocre... Ben Myers

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:58:53 -0500, me@privacy.net wrote:

>> It looks like Gateway is not going to be around all that much longer
>>anyway.
>
>How doe eMachine customer service compare?
>
>Aren't eMachine and Gateway one and the same company?

I probably should have stated "mediocre NOW". Several years ago, Gateway was
really pretty good all around. I think that their country stores drained a lot
of cash, so now they are cutting corners as much as possible... Ben Myers

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:29:41 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben
Myers) wrote:

>Same company for all practical purposes. Mediocre... Ben Myers
>
>On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:58:53 -0500, me@privacy.net wrote:
>
>>> It looks like Gateway is not going to be around all that much longer
>>>anyway.
>>
>>How doe eMachine customer service compare?
>>
>>Aren't eMachine and Gateway one and the same company?

ME

>I probably should have stated "mediocre NOW". Several years ago, Gateway was
>really pretty good all around. I think that their country stores drained a lot
>of cash, so now they are cutting corners as much as possible... Ben Myers

But I thought that eMchine had really got their act
together and now offered better support than dell and
the others. No?

matty_30

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I have a terrible problem with gateway. My computer is out of warranty so they wont even let me talk to a service person without paying 3 bucks a minute. All i need is a simple free download that i got from their website 3 years ago. i had my computer fixed and i just need to re download this patch to make the computer video work right. I have been going back and forth with them because i cannot find the patch to download because i dont remember what it was called. i will never buy a gateway again

cheyannecool

purchased gateway lx6810-01 2 months ago. It started turning off by itself..Sent it back..$50 bucks shipping..Got it back today at 9am..was so happy to see fed ex truck..in the letter they sent me with the computer said nothing wrong thanks for shopping gateway..At 10:30 it was back at fex ex on its way back to them..Still broken..sad..I am really sad. Some peeps really love their gateways..I musta got the bottom of the barrel. RMA # they gave me was for Acer laptops in temple tx same town as gateway. Called them and told them and they said it will get to us. Wow..Boy am I a happy camper.