[SOLVED] GDP pocket 7 laptop, looking for an usb c charger...

muntori

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
I got this laptop for free today
Cos I lucked out and cos I have an associate who offered to pick it up for me
The problem is that it uses 5V3A charger...
Which I dont have...

I tested this thing out, its cpu is quite slow, but it might still be of some use to me on the go. Have to test it a bit more to find out.

I tried charging this with regular V5A2 charger (volts, amperes)...
I have tried chrging with oneplus charger

I got a bunch of oneplus chargers that offer:
-9V?
-5V4

I am worried about the 9V option frying my laptop
Should the charger/laptop be able to choose the right setting?
And is it gonna be a problem that its 5V4A and not 5V3A
(yes im aware im messing up how to mark these Volts and amps)

Nevertheless I have tried both and it just doesnt charge... I got it battery almost full... So I assume problem is my chargers

I charging light blinks in the beginning and charging icon also is threre in the taskbar indicating its charging, and then it quits after few minutes. Theres no difference if its on or off... i cannot increase its charge at all... only been using oneplus chargers i must try samsung too...

edit

now its been charging in one plus charger for some minutes but the percentage stays at 16... however, when i turn it off, the battery image on the screen says 96 to 100 percent... so I am not entirely sure if that could be the actual charge level?

edit:

now i booted it and now its showing 90 percent, then i installed batter bar app and it shows battery
wear to be at 87 percent...
so the actual battery capacity is only 13 percent of its original capacity...
need to maybe replace battery

Should I get a charger thats 5V3A? I am not aware if those are easily available. I dont live in an Amazon/Ebay country btw.

Last edited:
Solution
Turn off the system, charge it for about an hour, check the charge %. If it does not change, then yet buy the correct charger the system wants and try that. Could also be that charging port or something else is broke. If it's connected does it show that it's charging?
Turn off the system, charge it for about an hour, check the charge %. If it does not change, then yet buy the correct charger the system wants and try that. Could also be that charging port or something else is broke. If it's connected does it show that it's charging?

Solution