Ge Force GTX 1050 TI overclocking worth it for gaming?

VladEusebiu

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
i want to overclock my gtx 1050 ti , i have an 1080p monitor , and i run games like assassins creed odyssey and shadow of tomb raider around 40-42 fps , overlocking it might improve something or nah?

My specs :CPU is i5 8400 2.8ghz
RAM 8GB DDR4 2600MHZ
GPU : GE FORCE GTX 1050TI.

Solution
I suppose, it probably won't make a huge difference in that particular title. I suggest lowering some settings in the game to get better FPS. Motion Blur, Shadow detail, and Anti-Aliasing are heavy hitters, turning them down a notch or two will do more than overclocking.

As long as temperature allows, overclocking a GPU is simple and has no real cost aside from a slight increase in power draw. Might make it a little louder if you play with the fan curves to keep temperatures down.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I suppose, it probably won't make a huge difference in that particular title. I suggest lowering some settings in the game to get better FPS. Motion Blur, Shadow detail, and Anti-Aliasing are heavy hitters, turning them down a notch or two will do more than overclocking.

As long as temperature allows, overclocking a GPU is simple and has no real cost aside from a slight increase in power draw. Might make it a little louder if you play with the fan curves to keep temperatures down.

Solution
The strength of the 1050Ti is it's ability to run on the 75W PCIe slot and do 1080P gaming. The weakness is that it runs off of the 75W PCIe slot and doesn't have any extra power available for overclocking. If you're going to step up to a card with a 6 pin PCIe cable the GTX1060 will be far better than an overclocked GTX1050. Overclocking it works OK up to a very limited point. The GTX1060 draws 120W and with 150W available has some extra power for overclocking available. The risk as I see it would be to overload your MB PCIe slot and perhaps damage it.

VladEusebiu

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014

i understand , but if i upgrade i will go for the rtx 2060 , right now i don't have the money for it.