GE Force MX2 video hitching

G

Installed a new Herc Prophet MX2 and the 6.31 drivers. It ran smooth as silk in everything, 3D MARK 2000, NASCAR 4, and everything else. Then after a few days I start getting a "hitch" in all games. Smooth then a quick hitch, smooth then hitch. Like an instant lock up. My 3d MARK200 scores went from 4575 to 4000. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Windows. Installed all my peripherals and it ran great. Smooth as silk. Then today, the hitches returned. So I uninstalled the 6.31 drivers and install the 6.49 drivers. Still no luck. Looking for some advice. Thanks
Celeron 566 @ 850
128 RAM
ABIT BX 133

G

I've had the same card a week and I've noticed the same "hitches". While playing Mechwarrior 4 every 10 sec or so it hesitates then runs fine. This is while running at 800x600x16 on a Duron 800. Changing the resolution didn't seem to help it. I ran MW4 with at the same resolution with no problems on a K6-III 450Mhz w/ an original GeForce card. I installed the latest Hercules 6.35 drivers but no luck. For the past couple days I can get half my games to run at all. When loading them the monitor goes black and tells me that the input signal is fH:99Khz fv:150hz. Is my card dying?

G

I am having the same exact problem with my system. I have a T-Bird 1 ghz on an Abit KT-7 Raid MB, 128MB PC133, and an Asus v7100 geforce2 MX. When I first set up the system, everything ran fine. Since then, with no changes, certain games have developed this hitch. Specifically Half Life and Soldier of Fortune. Oddly, Nascar 4 seems to still run fine for me. I tried different versions of all drivers and different resolutions and nothing seems to have an effect. Any help on this would be appreciated. TIA.

G

what are you guys all using for hard drives? 5400 rpm? ATA33? This is a common bottleneck.

G

I am running a WD 15.3Gig, ATA66, 7200 RPM drive. Also, the drive isn't being accessed when the pauses occur, so I don't belive that is the problem. The system was running fine at first and then out of the blue the pauses started. They are frequent and long enough to make the games fairly unplayable. Thanks for the help.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
From Paul's Unofficial KT7 FAQ, http://go.to/kt7faq, Instability document...

"Why does my KT7 freeze every 5 seconds?
Try the following:
Set "PCI Delay Transitions" to "Disable" under Advanced Chipset in the BIOS
Set "Memory hole at 15-16mb - enabled in BIOS
This may also be due to sharing of hardware IRQ's by a pair of PCI cards. See the question below "My system hangs with my network card. Why?" on how to troubleshoot this one (even if you don't have a network card!).
Another user reports that ACPI appeared to be the cause of this. He discovered that his video card was sharing an IRQ with the ACPI driver and that this IRQ was listed in Power Management/Wake-up Events/IRQs Activity Monitoring. He suggested disabling this, and if this doesn't help, disabling ACPI (see misc section)
This problem has also been linked to the power management software supplied with HP scanners.
Another user reported upgrading from VIA 4in1 driver v4.24 to v4.25a solved this problem."

Maybe the first part might be applicable to the person with the BX133 board.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You need the 6.27 drivers anything above your performance takes a huge hit with a socket 7 system nvidia dropped socket seven support after this driver release.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

TRENDING THREADS