'Gears Of War 4' Multiplayer Now Allows Cross-Play Between Xbox One And PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
I've been impressed with Gears 4, overall. The have to fix the Horde bug with the new (well to to Gears 4) Clocktower map and the Kestrel getting stuck inside a building. It seems like they're engaging with their community a lot and they're serious about improving the game and adding new content. I love the card skill system in Horde mode, though I feel they should add a passive bonus at "dead" levels, and add a "No Limits" card slot that lets you use a single skill from other classes.

thburninator

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
For the social (non-competitive) aspect of PvP, this is really cool. Sure, it's highly likely that PC gamers will have a distinct edge over console gamers (higher framerates, better response time for peripherals, etc.), but for the social aspect it's great. In my case, for example, I have friends who play Overwatch, one on Xbox, one on PS4, and I play on PC. I would love to play with them, but being all on different platforms makes that impossible currently. I hope these trial-runs go well so that cross-platform play can become more of a norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY