Question GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini ITX 6G -- Power Requirement

Mar 26, 2019
I own an Acer Aspire TC-885-UR19
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.BAPAA.021

I would like to buy a GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini ITX 6G
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060IX-6GD-rev-10#kf

without having to swap out the 300 watt factory installed power supply. Gigabyte puts a 400 watt recommended rating on this card regardless of what computer it is going into so it must be assuming the worst like: the heaviest draw CPU, overclocking, 4k gaming, lots of power hungry add on devices, etc...

It is a 6 pin PCIe card so the draw shouldn't be more than 120 watts for even overclocked 4K. I only plan to use my 1080P (59 hertz according to Win 10 Home OS - 60 according to manufacturer) monitor without overclocking so that should draw should be a bit more than half that under 70 watts if it is comparable to a barely larger 1060 card I read an article on that I don't remember. The CPU only draws 65 watts and cannot be overclocked nor can the memory.

Coolermaster gives a much more specific load calculator

It still does not distinguish between a triple fan 1060 vs a single fan let alone specfic make and model graphic cards. It also doesn't distinguish make and model for every other component as well nor does it distinguish motherboards beyond CPU slot type like LGA 1151 not distinguishing between a B360 like my computer versus a Z390 but relatively more accurate, I guess.

Coolermaster calculates 342 watts if I upgrade the memory to 16GB (8 x 2 -- DDR4 2666) but otherwise just put a 1060 card (again, not differentiating between triple fans and this one) in the PCI 3 X 16 slot. If I take out the optical drive, I get down to 311 and if I replace the SATA drive and Optane with M2 2280 storage, I get to 301.

I would think that the difference between a triple fan versus a single fan would more than one watt...lol, especially since I am not going to overclock or go beyond 1080P.

It is so frustrating trying to find an accurate power requirement calculator knowing I might be close. I have a 600 watt Silverstone ST60F-ES I have been using for years on the last computer that died on me but would rather not use it because it is a few years old, would like to keep as many OEM parts as possible, and don't know for sure if it was the reason the last computer died.

Does anyone know of a better power calculator than Coolermaster's site or can give confident answers on what has to be taken out to work with the OEM power supply if anything at all?

Mar 26, 2019
The Coolermaster site also adds 50 watts to minimum for recommended total.

I guess I can use the 600 watt Silverstone ST60F-ES if I have to since the power light was the one thing working on the old dead computer. I was just hoping I didn't have to or buy another power supply.