GeForce 1060 3 GB fans stop working !

aceprojectgr

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
Hello mates ! i wanna ask something .. few days ago i bought a Gigabyte GeForce 1060 3GB .. when i turn on my pc fans starts and stop .. my motherboard is old .. but i think i am ok with the power .. can someone explain what happening on my graphic card ?

P.S when i boot my old graphic card pc starts !

Solution
Your fans will only start spinning once it exceeds 60 degrees celcius. This is mandatory on any GTX 900 & 1000 series graphics card model. If it starts spinning after reaching 60C, there is nothing to worry about.

PTOWN GAMER

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Ok heres the thing. You graphics cards fans only spin when they need too. Otherwise they dont spin. So if the card gets hot they will spin, but if its not so hot they stop. its pretty normal. So while gaming they will spin, but stop when your computer is not under pressure. Eg. youtube/browsing.

aceprojectgr

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Hello Mate ! let me explain you .. do display on monitor .. when i boot with 1060 my pc turn on but no signal .. and when i start pc the graphic card fans starts and stops automaticaly after 2-3 spins .

brandubbs

Commendable
Sep 24, 2017
Sorry if there's something I missed. But your card is a windforce card. I have one of these too, I have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, and the cards are built for the fans not to spin unless under load by a graphic intensive task. They aren't supposed to spin when you surf Google Chrome. There is an LED next to the Gigabyte logo that says fan stop. That LED turns off during a graphic intensive task and the fans start spinning. When the LED is on, they dont spin. You can't change them to make them spin at all times bud.

aceprojectgr

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

hello and thanks for reply ! anyway i got 1060 3GB so i dont have that fan controler and that LED .. i think is something about my graphic card .. or i dont know .. if that card is windforce as you say the fans must stay off when i boot my pc .. but check out my graphic card and tell me :)

Graphic Card :

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/9694893/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX1060-3GB-GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD.html

PTOWN GAMER

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

Everyone is saying the same thing i said. there is nothing wrong with your graphics card.
THey only spin when needed.

teeteemo

Honorable
Dec 9, 2017
It's normal, I have Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming (6GB), when PC starts to boot, the GPU fan spins, then after maybe 15 seconds when I reached the desktop display the fan will stop, as you can also see in the settings, Fans are in 0% when the GPU temperature is 0~50 degrees, Fans starts spinning @ 51 degrees onwards

wayneboyd1979

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
These fans fail, had one on a msi. Right fan perfect left dead. If I removed one of the wires to regulate the fan speed it would work. But full speed. I did a mod and fitted a intel cpu fan with the four wires and perfect. I even uploaded the video about these fans and my mod. Good card crap fans and that's it sorry to be blunt.