Question GeForce 1060 6GB card in HP Compaq 6200 Pro Tower

Mar 7, 2021
Does a GeForce 1060 6GB graphics card work well in HP Compaq 6200 Pro Tower? I'm running Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz and will max out at 32GB Ram

verify that the motherboard has a PCIe x16 slot available.

also provide the make\model of the PSU to verify if it can supply enough power and has the proper 6 or 8-pin power cables needed for the GPU.

though in a small closed tower without proper airflow you may run into issues with heat throttling the card.

Mar 7, 2021
Yea, I'm beginning to think that, and according to other forums in here, you can't really change the PSU out easily, since it's propriety. I think the GeForce 1050 TI will work though. It only needs around 300W (and other say they it doesn't even get close to that. I'm only playing iRacing, not a huge gamer by any means). Thanks for the input!

The PSU is the standard 320W
I think the GeForce 1050 TI will work
even if you get a very low power graphics card,
you would still need to determine if your PSU has the proper power cables for whichever GPU you may choose.
you can't really change the PSU out easily, since it's "proprietary".
you should pretty easily be able to measure the PSU and compare it's dimensions and available cables to any possible replacement to ensure compatibility.

though you would be better off just rebuilding a mostly new reliable system with quality parts vs using a cheap pre-built for any type of decent gaming.

Last edited: