Geforce 1060 with intel i5 3570k

May 26, 2018
I recently bought a 1060 after my 770 died. I didn't do much of a hardware checkup since I simply had no clue of what to look for. I read on the case of the graphics card that I needed a certain power supply, but also needed an i7 3.0ghz.

Here I stand confused, since to upgrade my processor I would have to buy a new motherboard, ram and power supply.

The real question is would I be able to run the graphics card with an i5 3750k 3.4ghz quad core processor?

I have a msi z77a-g43 motherboard

May 26, 2018
Hello thanks for the quick answer. Right now I'm quite worried about my psu, since it is a 550w. The problem I'm experiencing is that once I turn on the computer, the gpu shuts down. The screen just remains black, that's why I figured it's the psu.

May 26, 2018
Yes I did. I tried switching gpu slot, it worked for about a second. I had the option to run a setup or loading default settings. I chose to run the setup but the screen just went black afterwards. I just connected the new psu, without luck though. I tried booting the pc with the onboard gpu which worked...