[SOLVED] Geforce 1070 / benq xl2411z no signal with dvi-d Cable.

Oct 8, 2019
Hi.

So I want those 144hz for my fps games.

I have a geforce 1070 and a benq xl2411z. It dosent have a display port. But a hdmi and a dvi-d.

Works fine with hdmi cable.

With the dvi-d cable I can see the boot screen and then the loading circle. But after that the screen goes black. So I cant see my login page or my desktop.

Cable works fine with my motherboards intergrated gpu.

If I have the hdmi cable in the 1070, it cant sense that the dvi-d cable is in. If I change the input it says no signal.

Im at a total loss for what to do, preciate all help, thanks!

Solution
Input DVI to DP here;

Seems like you're either using a passive cable which won't work or an unreliable active adapter.

Also see section #0 regarding your monitor specifically;

List complete system specs please

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Input DVI to DP here;

Seems like you're either using a passive cable which won't work or an unreliable active adapter.

Also see section #0 regarding your monitor specifically;

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 8, 2019
Thank you for trying to help me out! :D

I don't know how to tell if my cable is passive or active? It's a simple Dvi-d dual link cable, I don't use any adapters since they can't provide 144hz anyways if I'm not using a transformer which is to expensive.
The cable works fine with the integrated gpu in the motherboard. Just not with the geforce card.

[/QUOTE]

Windows 10 64bit
intel core i5-8400 2,8 ghz
Ram - 16Gb
Rog strix z370-e gaming
Geforce gtx1070 dual 8 gb gddr5
monitor: benq xl2411z

boju

Titan
Ambassador
From Glenwing's guide linked earlier.

Do you have any suggestions for DisplayPort to DVI adapters?

Yes. I have tested the following DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI active adapter. It works up to 144 Hz at 1080p:
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-BIZLINK-DisplayPort-Adapter-Powered/dp/B003XYBA72/

However, be warned that DP to DL-DVI active adapters are not very reliable and should only be considered as a last resort. It is strongly recommended to return the monitor and get one that has an actual DisplayPort input port rather than use these adapters.

Active adapters are usually powered via usb.

Oct 8, 2019
From Glenwing's guide linked earlier.

Active adapters are usually powered via usb.

Thanks for the tip. But the monitor have a DVI-D dual link input and the card have a matching output, so should I really need a converter... I just want it to work with the DVI-D dual link cable.

Thanks again.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ohh i misread, sorry.

DVI should work without issue. My guess is it could be a faulty cable or possibly not making good connection. Check for any intrusion from case preventing the plug making complete contact.

Which model 1070 do you have? Sometimes the graphics card DVI port can be restricted to single link. Doubt this is the issue though as Nvidia's reference model has DL DVI so partners should adhere the same.

When you lose signal, is it after changing Hz or is it still at 60Hz? Have you tried only the DVI cable without HDMI connected at all to the graphics card and monitor?

Last edited: