Question geforce 1080 ti artifacts

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,
I have a geforce 1080ti and when playing several games i get some strange artifacts that show up as very small black and white dots, this is particularity noticeable when rapid movement is occurring. Though it also happens when standing still and looking through semitransparent textures.
The below screen shot is of it occurring in the witcher 3, the black dots can be seen on some of the tree leaves and are generally more noticeable when the backdrop is brighter and there is movement, but youll get the idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1727522234

Hi KiwiEffect :) Always best to list your system specs with this sort of issue.

You need to test your PSU rail voltages under load or swap out the GPU with another same known working unit.
If the card is Overclocked (how) then bring it back to default frequency or try a slight increase in voltage.
Should artifacts continue after the above then RMA the card if still under Warranty.
Have you tried different drivers?

Apr 29, 2019
Hi KiwiEffect :) Always best to list your system specs with this sort of issue.

You need to test your PSU rail voltages under load or swap out the GPU with another same known working unit.
If the card is Overclocked (how) then bring it back to default frequency or try a slight increase in voltage.
Should artifacts continue after the above then RMA the card if still under Warranty.
Have you tried different drivers?
Hi MeanMachine,
Thank you for your reply. I should have posted my full specs!!!
I have an ASRock z77 extreme
i5 3570k OCed to 4.3ghz
Powered by an Enermax Naxn 650 W PSU
The 1080ti is not overclocked

I had tried updating to the latest drivers today with no success. I am not sure how to measure PSU rail voltages?

I also had this issue with artifacts playing vermintide 2, but these are the only games to be effected.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well one of the ways to make sure is by changing your power supply to another working unit and test to see if the artifacts will be gone or not if its gone then your power supply might not be giving enough power else just RMA 1080ti if it still has warranty on it.

Hi MeanMachine,
Thank you for your reply. I should have posted my full specs!!!
I have an ASRock z77 extreme
i5 3570k OCed to 4.3ghz