[SOLVED] Geforce 1660 Super & Intel I7 7700

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Using 2017 Asus G11CD-K Desktop with Intel I7 7700, 16gb of ram, Geforce 1050 2gb currently, My Number one question before I buy that card for my birthday next month, would I have any bottle neck playing games with this setup on my system. Plan on Gaming at 1080P since I just got this 1080P monitor last Christmas.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Oh Excellent!!, Gets More excited to complete the purchase hopefully next month for birthday in that case. Already did upgrade the Power supply before anyone asks lol, EVGA G3 650 watt Modular. Have plenty of PCI-e power cables (6+2 ready to go). Now just to get the newer card purchased and set I think

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Ohhh I thought it was, since was a seemingly good brand, EVGA. and reviews seemed to be good on it prior to purchasing this last year, well can always look into higher quality one in the future I suppose if need be

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you for the lists, will look those over, and go from there for future Upgrades. Appreciate the replies so much, and here I thought I got a really really good Power supply, versus the OEM one that was in the Desktop originally

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah was not gonna change PSU unless did have issues, as re read a lot of reviews on it last night, and didn't see anything bad to my eyes on, 80 percent 5 star reviews on Newegg's site, Sure it might be on low tier on PSU tier list for some reason, but at the moment works perfectly fine.

Hopefully ordering 1660 Super by birthday on February 21st, and getting it installed asap here, and then seeing how system performs, I expect or hope it will perform great, at least that's my hope in the matter

Jan 10, 2020
In doing a lot of research for my own purchases, when it comes to PSU, the watts many products indicate you should have are not based on minimum requirements. The watts listed are typically more than needed power supply to your rig to give you optimal performance/ room to upgrade. It is better to have more watts than not for upgrading and performance, but you should be fine with what you have. Your PSU is quite standard.
I got my PC built for me, which came with a lower Watt power supply than I was expecting. So I looked into information and got what i noted above as an answer. My PSU is less than yours and my set up as an I7-9700 & 1660 ti, so I think you are more than alright.

TRENDING THREADS