GeForce 2 GTS 64 Mb or GTS Pro?

MIKE711

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
I am looking at purchasing a GeForce 2 graphics card, and am not sure whether to go for a GTS 64 Mb or GTS Pro 64 Mb.

Is the Pro really worth the extra money?

Also which make of card would anyone recommend, Creative, Guillemot/Hercules, Asus etc?

G

The pro version is just a higher clocked version of the GTS card. Most good GTS cards can be overclocked well. I can get my Elsa Gladiac GTS to run at 220mhz core and 370mhz memory, compared to the reference default of 200mhz/333mhz. The scores usually improve 10-20% with the overclock, so unless you found a PRO version for only $20-$35 more than get it, otherwise buy a good brand GTS version. Also, 64mb version are only going to make a difference if you play games in 1280x1024, or 1600x1200, otherwise don't waste your money for the other 32mb, again unless the money difference in small.

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Well, i have a Guillemot/Hercules 3d Prophet II GTS 64 Mb, and i can say its a cool Graphic board!
For the price they ask for it it comes with , a DVI conector and a S-video Out conector!

Mine came and still has the core and memory overclocked!
Never had a problem because it comes with heatsinks on the memory banks!

Which other can claime the title of Bang for the buck!
The difference in price is not worth it , for a max of 10
fps between the 2 in normal resolutions!
If you play beyond 1024*768*32 you probably would be better with a GeForce II Ultra! But that costs!

A lot!

"I´m Going Down!...Down!Down!Down!Down!Down!" - Joe Satriani in G3 Live

TRENDING THREADS