Geforce 2 GTS w/ TV Tuner?

G

I was planning on getting the Geforce2 GTS (32mb). I also wanted to get a TV Tuner/video capture card along with it. I want a TV Tuner/video capture card w/ all the options (Svideo/RCA/coaxial inputs and outputs, mpeg-2 decoding, and of course a remote... I'm lazy). Basically a a good card. Do any of you have suggestions on what kind of TV Tuner/video capture card I should get w/ the Geforce2 GTS graphics accelerator card? Would a particular one work better with it than another one?

I was originally planning to get the VoodooTV, since I have read some pretty good reviews on it and its under $100. Is it even compatible with the Geforce2 GTS card? I don't want to spend more than $350-400 total, for both of these cards.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

yoda271828

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you considered an ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon? It has everything you want all on one video card (I'm not sure about the remote though). The Radeon's 3D performance isn't quite as good as the Geforce2 GTS, but it's still very good. I've even heard that the Radeon picture quality is much better that the Geforce2. And the Radeon All-in-Wonder only costs about $250. So, if you want to save some money buy a Radeon, but if you want the highest performance possible get the Geforce2 and the separate TV card.

G

Yes, I have thought about getting an "all in one" card so to speak, and the ATI Radeon was among one of those choices, along with the Matrox Marvel GS400-TV (which I have read great reviews for, but obviously is quite expensive). My options are pretty much open right now, if I don't get any good recommendations on a seperate TV tuner card with the Geforce2 GTS than I'll probably end up getting the ATI Radeon or something along those lines. I just wanted to get some opinions before I break out the wallet.

Thanks for the input

G

Dont get that GS400. While it may be AIW, the 3D "acceleration" is nothing when compared to the fast Radeon or GeForce2. Just my .02.