GeForce 2 MX 400/440 Compatibility

Maddog GeForce 2 MX 400/440 64 Meg

I've got this card on my newer system (P4 2.4ghz) and am looking to ugrade
the video card, but I have an old Asus P5A-B K6-2 system and was wondering
if anyone has tried this card model with that motherboard.

If so what were the results? I know the mobo is AGP 1.0 1x 2x and that the
GeForce 2 is AGP 2.0 2X 4X, but is there a chance it may work withupdated
Bios and driver?

thanks!

"Tim Brown" <tuffgong@charter.net> wrote in message
> Maddog GeForce 2 MX 400/440 64 Meg
>
> I've got this card on my newer system (P4 2.4ghz) and am looking to ugrade
> the video card, but I have an old Asus P5A-B K6-2 system and was wondering
> if anyone has tried this card model with that motherboard.
>
> If so what were the results? I know the mobo is AGP 1.0 1x 2x and that
the
> GeForce 2 is AGP 2.0 2X 4X, but is there a chance it may work withupdated
> Bios and driver?
>
> thanks!

Should work with no upgrades at all...
If the GF2MX card will do 2X or 4X AGP, and the old clunker computer will do
2X or 1X, why would you need to upgrade anything. I use a GF2MX in an old
440BX chipset mobo that is only AGP1.0 (2X) works flawlessly.

My mobo is AGP 1.0 1X 2X, the card is AGP 2.0 1,2,4x...thats why i dont
think itll work right.

> My mobo is AGP 1.0 1X 2X, the card is AGP 2.0 1,2,4x...thats why i dont
> think itll work right.

Read my 1st reply again. Your mobo will do 2X, the video card will do 2X,
it will work. It is irrelevent that your video card will also do 4X, or
your mobo will also do 1X. And I also said I am doing that exact thing now,
just not with an AMD setup, but that is also irrelvent.