GeForce 3 Flexing it's muscles

G

HOLY $HIT! Now only if the GF3 didn't cost it's weight in Platinum.......

G

hopefully that shine was the artists fault and not the ge3...

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Downloaded engine/benchmark....WT..F "..please note, only for nVidia cards." Well I emailed them twice at both adresses and my email was returned because all there E-mail addresses has been cancelled. What good is a game engine that only supports one brand of graphic card?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Well I tried to run the demo, it uses OpenGL, this is the output it produces:

<font color=purple>OpenGL version:

1.2.2147 Win9x Release

Vendor:

ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer:

Radeon DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!

Extensions:

found GL_ARB_multitexture

GL_S3_s3tc not found

GL_ARB_texture_compression not found

found GL_EXT_texture_cube_map

found WGL_EXT_swap_control

GL_NV_vertex_array_range not found

found GL_EXT_texture_env_combine

GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias not found

GL_NV_register_combiners not found

Extensions:

GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ATIX_pn_triangles GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATIX_texture_env_subtract GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATI_vertex_streams GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGI_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control </font color=purple>

<b><font color=red>Error: This software supposed to be used only with geforce and latest drivers.</b></font color=red>
<b>WT...FFFFFFFF.....</b>

G

GL_S3_s3tc not found was the first thing to mess up, I think this trigured it to go crazy. I'm guessing that is the S3 texture compression, does the radeon support that?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
hmmmmm, it suppose too, let me see...

<font color=purple>OpenGL version:

1.2.2147 Win9x Release

Vendor:

ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer:

Radeon DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!

Extensions:

found GL_ARB_multitexture

found GL_S3_s3tc

found GL_ARB_texture_compression

found GL_EXT_texture_cube_map

found WGL_EXT_swap_control

GL_NV_vertex_array_range not found

found GL_EXT_texture_env_combine

GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias not found

GL_NV_register_combiners not found

Extensions:

GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ATIX_pn_triangles GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATIX_texture_env_subtract GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATI_vertex_streams GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_S3_s3tc GL_SGI_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control

Error: This software supposed to be used only with geforce and latest drivers.
</font color=purple>

Turned on OpenGL texture compression, demo still won't play. Turned on a number of Radeon Tiling features for OpenGL and Directx, plus enabled Vertex and Pixel shaders, still no go. Will try in W2k latter.

Did get my QuakeIII benchmark to go up!!!! :smile: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 03/03/01 09:28 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

that solved most of the problems! Maybe win98/ME will fair better.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Your right, doesn't work. Be proud Gefarce owners those are some good visuals you can do with your baby. I think I am going to just cry . :eek: . at Crytek.com.