Geforce 4600 vs 6150

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
The reason I ask is because I am building a computer with as little money as possible, as asked by my client and I have a Geforce 4600 card that I could use or should I use the onboard 6150?

Honestly, I don't much about older cards so help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Solution

Base it on system RAM amount then, since it's onboard it'll most likely use some of the system RAM, if the RAM quantity is too low then you will notice a reduction in system performance, you can avoid this penalty by using an external display adapter (GF4600)

Thinking about gaming performance, I would have to say the 6150 would be better, may not be faster at certain old-old games, but it would be better all-around...

there that sounds better...

inn0v8

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

Base it on system RAM amount then, since it's onboard it'll most likely use some of the system RAM, if the RAM quantity is too low then you will notice a reduction in system performance, you can avoid this penalty by using an external display adapter (GF4600)

Thinking about gaming performance, I would have to say the 6150 would be better, may not be faster at certain old-old games, but it would be better all-around...

there that sounds better...

Solution