[SOLVED] Geforce 6100PM-M2 V3 mobo won't show output from GPU?

russelman

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
So I know this mobo is very old but this is the only computer that I have in stock. I would like to ask what should I do since it really won't but boot via GPU and always boot on the iGPU.
These are the things that I have done to fix the prob:
Updated the BIOS
Disabled iGPU by setting the vram to disable
Changing the Boot to PCI Express

Of course I also considered if the GPU is dead but I just tested it from my friends PC and it worked just fine.
I also thought that windows would atleast recognize that there is another graphics card installed but it wouldn't show up
I would like to test the PCIE express slot but I dunno how (I have like a voltage tester if that is what it's called)

I installed win7 64 bit since win 10 flickers which is another problem on the graphics driver of the iGPU (too old no support/ drivers available)

These are the specs:
AMD Athlon II X2 245
2gb Ram
Geforce 6100PM-M2 V3 (mobo)
Geforce 9500gt (gpu)
400w psu

Thanks in advance and have a nice day everyone!

Solution
Make and model of your 400W PSU? How old is the unit? You can install older OS drivers on Windows 10 but you're going to have to do so in compatibility mode, i.e, Right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows X(from the drop down menu).

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your 400W PSU? How old is the unit? You can install older OS drivers on Windows 10 but you're going to have to do so in compatibility mode, i.e, Right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows X(from the drop down menu).

Solution

russelman

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
Sorry for the late response. 😅🙏 I already did that compatibility thing but I think this unit is very old (maybe 2009 so about 11 years) for win 10 so I just installed win 7 on it. The Psu is unbranded but I have another psu to try it on (I'll be trying it later).

TRENDING THREADS