geforce 6200 agp to be released

i don't usually write about hardware cause it's not my speciality
but this looks like very good news for all the pc gamers with small
budgets like myself
nvidia will make a agp version of the geforce 6200 so we can upgrade
without having to spend too much although they say it will have a
price of 80 dollars which is almost 2 times what a 5200 costs, so i
hope it will be at least 2 times faster

what is the ati agp model with the same price, 80 dollars and is it
better than the 6200?

with 80 dollars what agp graphic card would you buy to play pc games?

sayNO2piracy wrote:

> i don't usually write about hardware cause it's not my speciality
> but this looks like very good news for all the pc gamers with small
> budgets like myself
> nvidia will make a agp version of the geforce 6200 so we can upgrade
> without having to spend too much although they say it will have a
> price of 80 dollars which is almost 2 times what a 5200 costs, so i
> hope it will be at least 2 times faster
>
> what is the ati agp model with the same price, 80 dollars and is it
> better than the 6200?
>
> with 80 dollars what agp graphic card would you buy to play pc games?

At the rate its going, the 6600 will be that price in a few months.

--
DalienX

sayNO2piracy <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:

> i don't usually write about hardware cause it's not my speciality
> but this looks like very good news for all the pc gamers with small
> budgets like myself
> nvidia will make a agp version of the geforce 6200 so we can upgrade
> without having to spend too much although they say it will have a
> price of 80 dollars which is almost 2 times what a 5200 costs, so i
> hope it will be at least 2 times faster

2x cost does NOT mean 2x faster. Hell, it doesn't even always mean faster
at all, sometimes newer video cards perform worse than older models which
cost less money. A Geforce 6200 will probably be about 35-50% faster than a
5200 depending on the game.

> what is the ati agp model with the same price, 80 dollars and is it
> better than the 6200?
>
> with 80 dollars what agp graphic card would you buy to play pc games?

Make sure that 6200 is not the "TurboCache" version, that version uses your
system RAM and it's much slower. Where did you see a 6200 agp for $80? The
cheapest I found was $125 at pricewatch.

An equivalent (and slightly faster) ATI card to the GeForce 6200 is the
Radeon 9600 Pro (agp), which goes for around $100.

Good luck. I personally recommend spending a bit more and getting the
Radeon 9800 Pro 128, AGP. You can get them for around $180.

But if I absolutely had to stay under $100, I'd go with either the Radeon
9600 Pro or the GeForce 6200 (if indeed you can find it for $80 that sounds
like a bargain, but BE SURE IT IS NOT THE TURBOCACHE VERSION).

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

shawk

Knight37 wrote:
> sayNO2piracy <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:
>

>>i don't usually write about hardware cause it's not my speciality
>>but this looks like very good news for all the pc gamers with small
>>budgets like myself
>>nvidia will make a agp version of the geforce 6200 so we can upgrade
>>without having to spend too much although they say it will have a
>>price of 80 dollars which is almost 2 times what a 5200 costs, so i
>>hope it will be at least 2 times faster
>

> 2x cost does NOT mean 2x faster. Hell, it doesn't even always mean faster
> at all, sometimes newer video cards perform worse than older models which
> cost less money. A Geforce 6200 will probably be about 35-50% faster than a
> 5200 depending on the game.
>

>>what is the ati agp model with the same price, 80 dollars and is it
>>better than the 6200?
>>
>>with 80 dollars what agp graphic card would you buy to play pc games?
>

> Make sure that 6200 is not the "TurboCache" version, that version uses your
> system RAM and it's much slower. Where did you see a 6200 agp for $80? The
> cheapest I found was $125 at pricewatch.
>
> An equivalent (and slightly faster) ATI card to the GeForce 6200 is the
> Radeon 9600 Pro (agp), which goes for around $100.
>
> Good luck. I personally recommend spending a bit more and getting the
> Radeon 9800 Pro 128, AGP. You can get them for around $180.
>
> But if I absolutely had to stay under $100, I'd go with either the Radeon
> 9600 Pro or the GeForce 6200 (if indeed you can find it for $80 that sounds
> like a bargain, but BE SURE IT IS NOT THE TURBOCACHE VERSION).

....and go for ATI - you get HL2 and Steam free with some cards - excellent!!

--
I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
'done it'...

jt

I'm downloading my next video card through Steam. Hopefully one day you'll
be able to upgrade your entire computer through Steam.

"DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote in message
> sayNO2piracy wrote:
>
>> i don't usually write about hardware cause it's not my speciality
>> but this looks like very good news for all the pc gamers with small
>> budgets like myself
>> nvidia will make a agp version of the geforce 6200 so we can upgrade
>> without having to spend too much although they say it will have a
>> price of 80 dollars which is almost 2 times what a 5200 costs, so i
>> hope it will be at least 2 times faster
>>
>> what is the ati agp model with the same price, 80 dollars and is it
>> better than the 6200?
>>
>> with 80 dollars what agp graphic card would you buy to play pc games?
>
> At the rate its going, the 6600 will be that price in a few months.
>
> --
> DalienX

How about a nice GeForceFX 5900 for $120?

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, "DalienX" wrote:

> At the rate its going, the 6600 will be that price in a few months.

i would not mind waiting six months for a 80 dollar 6600 graphic card
but i'm afraid of power supply requirements that's one of the reasons
i would prefer a 6200 cause i would not need to change power supply
cause it has to need less power than a 6600

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, "dawg" wrote:

> How about a nice GeForceFX 5900 for $120?

aren't the geforce 5 family weaker than the ati 9600?
isn't the ati 9600 the same price?

i always though manufactures stoped manufacturing old models so they
can sell the new one for much more, which is a shame but i guess they
are a business and want to take the max out of investment, so i dont
blame them

i don't know if the way to go is for the 2nd hand market, but i was
always afraid to buy hardware in the 2nd hand market cause you never
know if it has one of those extremely hard to find defects which only
happen once in a while

On 13 Mar 2005, Knight37 wrote:

> Make sure that 6200 is not the "TurboCache" version, that version uses your

i've read turbocache is only for the pci express cards but i only have
agp in my motherboard so i guess i don't need to worry about that

> system RAM and it's much slower. Where did you see a 6200 agp for $80? The
> cheapest I found was $125 at pricewatch.

it was in the news... it was about a 6800 with 512 and the 6200 for agp
and for the 6200 for agp it said it would be $79 but unfortunately they
didn't talk about how much memory or what the card brand was... i truly
hope the price is right

> An equivalent (and slightly faster) ATI card to the GeForce 6200 is the
> Radeon 9600 Pro (agp), which goes for around $100.

so the 6200 is a better deal if the price is about 80 dollars

> Good luck. I personally recommend spending a bit more and getting the
> Radeon 9800 Pro 128, AGP. You can get them for around $180.

that's 100 dollars more...
i was thinking when will it be required for pc games to have shader 3.0
and 256 of memory? probably only in 5 years time... and by that time i
would change pc and not only the graphic card, so if the 9800 would have
a lower price of... about 120 it would be the ideal deal no?

> But if I absolutely had to stay under $100, I'd go with either the Radeon
> 9600 Pro or the GeForce 6200 (if indeed you can find it for $80 that sounds
> like a bargain, but BE SURE IT IS NOT THE TURBOCACHE VERSION).

i can't be sure... but i though turbocache was only for pci express, but
probably i must be carefull... and as for the memory obviously more than
128 of memory is wasting money right?

No. The 5900 and 5900 ultra are in the same ballpark as the 9800 and 9800
pro. The 5900(non XT) is slightly better than the 9800.Not quite as fast as
the 9800 pro.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, "dawg" wrote:

> No. The 5900 and 5900 ultra are in the same ballpark as the 9800 and 9800
> pro. The 5900(non XT) is slightly better than the 9800.Not quite as fast as
> the 9800 pro.

thanks for the info
i still have to think about it and decide if its better to upgrade
the graphic card or upgrade also mb + cpu + mem

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/