Question Geforce 650Ti VGA better than DVI?

Mar 9, 2019
I decided to benchmark my 650 and I found that the performance was much better with VGA than with DVI. I don't understand this, as I thought that DVI was a higher performance connection, and I use two monitors, so I need two connections.

I used Benchmark Heaven and on VGA I got Frames=34 and Score = 862, while on DVI I got Frames=16, Score=422

Is there a way this can be fixed?

kanewolf

Titan
Correct. But how did the benchmark program know which connection was used, and how does this affect the performance?
The benchmark didn't know. The benchmark only knew what resolution was being displayed. Lower resolution means more FPS for a given graphics processor. The graphics card pulled info from the monitor to try to set an optimum resolution for each interface. That is what was different.

Mar 9, 2019
Sorry. no, no no, I made sure that the resolution was exactly the same in both tests. I looked u the capability of my monitor and used that. It appears that there is no difference in monitor performance between the VGA and DVI ports. I agree that a DVI port will report back a lot about the monitor, but why would that make things worse?

Foggy