Geforce 670 issues.

Judaslol

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
Hi,

I just bought a used computer, it have been working fine for a couple of weeks now, but lately ive been having some issues with the grapic card. For some reason when playing a game it started comping up red bars all of the screen and then the computer shuts down. Started up the computer again and then it was working fine for a couple of days. Then it occured again today and now everytime i turn on the computer there are red bars all over the screen. I can also say that the guy i bought it from have not used it alot.

Uninstalled all the drivers and installed them again with the disk that i got with the card. Nothing changed. It looked like the cable from the PSU was a bit damaged so i tested another card with those cables but it then worked fine. So i thought something might be wrong with the card. I put the card into another computer and the exact same thing. red bars all over the screen and for some reason they have now chaned to blue bars. There are like 300 small blue bars all over the screen. Have installed drivers and everything on this other pc aswell but the same thing. Bars everywhere.

I looked into the Device manager and there its just a exclamation point over the grapic card under display adapters.

The PSU on the computer im using now is a 500 but on the other computer there is a PSU CX600.

Is my grapic card totally broken or is there something els that might have been the issue? I think it broke for some reason and i have to buy a new one.

Im using the computer as of this moment and i also have the bars all over the screen. I have plugged my monitor to the DVI jack on the grapic card and it workes so i guess the card can't be totally broken?

Appriciate a reply. Thanks.

Judaslol

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks for the anwer Sportfanboy, but as i wrote in the post i have tried it in another computer so thats not working since its a whole other computer and it's the exact same issue.