Geforce 8800 GTS Temperature

ramx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Hi,I have a XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB Video Card.It gets very hot[around 90C by Riva Tuner]when playing games like GTA IV.I bought an aftermarket fan and didn't notice much improvement.Now my display got corrupted[showing vertical color lines and weird textures].I uninstalled the display driver,still got same results.I then downloaded the latest driver and when trying to install it,the display got completely corrupted and the system reached a standstill...Please help..

ramx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I am afraid of trying to reseat the heat sink since my friend got his warranty voided when doing so..any other alternative??I am now planning to send the card for replacement..

ramx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I used bellows to remove dust,there were significant dust particles.I then used Riva Tuner to max out the fan speed.The temperatures were significantly reduced[around 40-50C],but the problem of color lines exists.Some red,green or a mix of colored horizontal or oblique lines are continuously displayed.

ramx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I uninstalled all display drivers and removed the card.I connected display to my integrated VGA.I now find no colored lines with my IGP display.I now feel certain that my card has been worn out..

ramx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
XFX provided me 3 years warranty.I have around 10 months of warranty left.I have heard that 8800 GTX also has the same color lines problem as I have.I suspect this as a problem shared by all G80 GPUs.Is it advisable to wait for a new driver release?

TRENDING THREADS