Geforce 8800GT computer does not boot.

bradaricjakov

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
Hello. I have had Leadtek Winfast PX8800GT Installed in system with Abit AN52 wit last bios updated, AMD Athlon 4000+, 4GB DDR2 800mhz G. Skill brand, and Hitachi 40GB Powered with sharkoon SHA450-8P 450W power supply. To last working state GPU had Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Plus Installed. The computer gives signal beep, i would say 1 long two short which by the Abit specification is GPU warning message, but its hardly distinctive and could easily be one long beep with interference. Computer does not boot or post, and GPU gives no signal. However, When install my previous GPU Radeon 2600XT works, boots and everything. Strange thing is i got it work in other system from which i pull out 2600xt. It is K8 with 2.1GHz Sempron. Had to use 6 Pin from my own supply as power supply in other system has no 6 pin connector. Currently i dont have this old computer to test further, but ive connected the GPU to K8V-VM on a test bench today and also get no display on monitor, but motherboard speaker signals normal boot. GPU processor heats and if stock cooler installed, fan is spinning, but on full speed, meaning does not slow down after initial powering. This is i guess due system does not post. Ive tried resetting bios, discharging motherboard, isolating motherboard from short circuit, replacing Passive cooler with stock one. Any hints, advice would be appreciated.

note: i could sell the card and buy another one, or use 2600xt too but really would like to use this card some more before i get something new.

Klaashaas

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
Hello, hopefully you've solved your issue. Since there was no sollution posted and I happened to have the same problem, here's a possible solution. I've had the same problem today with the 8800 GT in a HP pavilion m9190. The computer did not boot and the GPU-fan kept spinning on full speed with a black screen.
I cleaned the gpu-cooler and fan and tested the videocard without the metal heatsync-cover on. It worked right away without any problem. So, after some more tests I put the videocard back together with the cover and and the same problem as before occured. No boot, black screen, full fan speed. You guessed it, it was the damn heatsync-cover that presumably shorted out something or otherwise caused trouble.
I teared it off and the system works fine again.