Geforce 8800GT dualview problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikeKun

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I'm having problems connecting my lcd tv to the computer. I have a 8800gt and the latest drivers etc and when I hook them together with an hdmi to dvi cable, I am only getting the following options in the 'Set up multiple displays' section of the NVIDIA control panel:

Only use one display (Single)
The same on both displays (Clone)

I am also supposed to see an option there for Dualview am I not? I don't know why that option is not showing.

Any idea why this is so? I just updated my drivers and have been looking around on google but no luck yet. Any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Paberly

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011

I don't know if you've found a solution, this reply is a couple years too late no doubt. I was having exactly the same problem, 8800 gt, WinXP, plugged the second monitor into the second DVI port in the card and the nVidia control panel wasn't giving me an option for the dual view in the nView display options, although it was recognizing the second monitor. Like you, I only had 'Single' and 'Clone' display options.

So I opened up the standard windows display properties (right-click desktop anywhere->properties->settings tab). There were 2 displays showing in the monitor arrangement box (each labelled with big numbers 1 and 2), but the second one was shaded out. Below the display selection and screen resolution areas, there are 2 check boxes. I selected the second monitor in the arrangement area (the one I wanted to use the dualview option with) and then I checked the box 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor'. Worked like a charm. The second monitor got signal and popped on. Fixed my resolutions for both screens once it was working and now I have a toasty dual-monitor setup.

Hope others find this helpful.

You'd think that they would fix up the software to allow you to enable the desktop extension mode through either the windows display properties OR the nVidia control panel... oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS