geforce 9600 gt

Mohd Apiz

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
my motherboad is asrock 7751945GZ.
ram 2gb
i try put geforce 9600 gt..but my pc still same.No changes.how can it be solved?

Solution
I'm pretty sure the 9600gt doesn't actually require a power cable, just the PCIe slot. Another thing that might be an issue is that your motherboard only has a PCIe 1 slot, whereas the 9600gt is a PCIe 2 card. You might not be getting a performance increase due to not being able to get enough traffic through the PCIe 1 slot. If your PC isn't booting at all, that's a whole other issue.
if it booting...make sure your monitor on the new gpu and that you installed the drivers for the gpu. if it not booting with the card in check to see if your card needs extra power or not. if the rig stop booting with the card installed...card or a part in your pc may have failed.

Mohd Apiz

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

i dont have the cable for connect the gcard. maybe I should go to a computer service shop.

Redheadsrule13

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I'm pretty sure the 9600gt doesn't actually require a power cable, just the PCIe slot. Another thing that might be an issue is that your motherboard only has a PCIe 1 slot, whereas the 9600gt is a PCIe 2 card. You might not be getting a performance increase due to not being able to get enough traffic through the PCIe 1 slot. If your PC isn't booting at all, that's a whole other issue.

Solution