Question GeForce GTX 1650 compatibility

Jul 16, 2019
Hello, O today I bought a GeForce GTX 1650. I plugged it into my Inspiron 3668 motherboard and it doesnt receive any power. I'm assuming this is because my motherboard isnt compatible with the graphics card. So I'm going to purchase a new motherboard. I'm just concerned my intel i5-7400 CPU wont be compatible with the new motherboard i purchase. Can someone please shed a little light on this before I start spending money. Thank you

Your motherboard should support it just fine. What exactly makes you think the card isnt working? Does the computer not turn on when its plugged in?

Did you make sure to plug your monitor in the video output on the card, because if you have it on the motherboard output then the card is disabled and you are using integrated graphics of your CPU. Make sure the card is also first seated in the PCIe slot.

Jul 16, 2019
Your motherboard should support it just fine. What exactly makes you think the card isnt working? Does the computer not turn on when its plugged in?

Did you make sure to plug your monitor in the video output on the card, because if you have it on the motherboard output then the card is disabled and you are using integrated graphics of your CPU. Make sure the card is also first seated in the PCIe slot.

Hey thank you for the response. The computer turns on just fine. I have placed the graphics card in the PCIe slot, When the computer is turned on the Graphics card fans will spin for a brief second and then cut out. I'm using my integrated graphics port to install the drivers. But the card doesn't appear in my device manager. My system doesnt acknowledge that it's there at all.... Which is concerning. I'm thinking it's not plugged in correctly. I had to make a few 'adjustments for it to fit in the case

Hey thank you for the response. The computer turns on just fine. I have placed the graphics card in the PCIe slot, When the computer is turned on the Graphics card fans will spin for a brief second and then cut out. I'm using my integrated graphics port to install the drivers. But the card doesn't appear in my device manager. My system doesnt acknowledge that it's there at all.... Which is concerning. I'm thinking it's not plugged in correctly. I had to make a few 'adjustments for it to fit in the case

Graphics card fans do not come on unless they are needed, they do this to keep noise levels down. Plug your monitor into your card, start the computer and try and install the drivers. Windows should run perfectly fine using default drivers until you get the Nvidia ones installed.

Jul 16, 2019
Graphics card fans do not come on unless they are needed, they do this to keep noise levels down. Plug your monitor into your card, start the computer and try and install the drivers. Windows should run perfectly fine using default drivers until you get the Nvidia ones installed.

I just tried it again. Still no response from my graphics card. Doesnt look like it's responding. I think i found the issue though. The graphics card has a 6 pin input that i think needs to be plugged into my power supply. However there are no cables i can plug it into. I'm pretty sure that's why it's not working

I just tried it again. Still no response from my graphics card. Doesnt look like it's responding. I think i found the issue though. The graphics card has a 6 pin input that i think needs to be plugged into my power supply. However there are no cables i can plug it into. I'm pretty sure that's why it's not working

Yes if the 1660 card you have requires supplementary power it must be plugged in. Your PSU shoudl have at least 1 spare 6pim, if not you have two choices, either find a better PSU that will fit your case, which may be difficult or returnt he card and get a 1650 that doesnt require any supplementary power.

TRENDING THREADS