cyberjohnys17

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003
CAN I TRUST GEFORCE FX 5700 ULTRA.HAVE THEY GOT PROBLEMS.GENERALLY WHAT IS GOING ON WITH GEFORCE?ANSWERS ONLY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE GEFORCE FX CARDS!!
OK
THANKS A LOT

taitertot

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
They work great but they are still pretty crappy in DX9 code. I should know I got one...

-taitertot

If this post has attitude, seems to be overly aggressive, rude, distasteful to 99% of the users here, and shows a zealous defense of Intel... It’s probably Spud.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Don't send him our way or I'll send scamtron in here!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Don't send him our way or I'll send scamtron in here!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Scamtron isn't even into computers. We're not sure why he's here.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
... yeah i'm not into computers and you don't look like peter pan!!! narf narf!!!

i tell you what, i have an appointment with a dealer in California thats in about 7 months... lets meet so i can see what you got to say to my face.

right now, you are much like a Chihuahuas on a leash. you bark your ass off, but as soon as you're set loose, you run into your little whole.

don't act like you know me, peter pan.

</font color=red><font color=orange><b>visit my site. then send me your freakin picture.
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com" target="_new"><font color=red>www.lochel.com</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scamtron on 01/18/04 11:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Despite the family feud going on here I have an answer your question.

Yes, the 5700 Ultra is a good card and you cant go wrong with it.
I would suggest one of the 5900 non ultras instead if you want to go the Nvidia route. Not much more money and have great overclockablility/performance.

As long as you stay away from the 5200/5600s (primarily OEM stuff to stay away from), you will get a good card from Nvidia.
Otherwise, the GF4 series are still a great purchase (my personal favorite budget card), and I wouldnt go any "lower" than those, though they are not "bad" either

----
Yeah, thats right. I support the NV/AMD/IBM axis of evil.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
move your left pinky finger about half an inch over, and press. see that key your finger its on? its called the "Caps Lock" key. pretty cool huh? thats probably why your text is all on capital letters

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
dhlucke - "Phew...ok my wrists are hurting. I'm taking a break."

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
hhaaha peter pan

i made that up

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
i always like that "you are an idiot" page :)

anyways, i got a fx5200 that i bout about 3 weeks ago and i was only supposed to be able to take it back no questions asked up to 2 weeks, but they can suck it. i was doing some type of benchmark thing and would max out at like 15fps on the easy parts and max out at 4fps on the hard. but i'm only using 4x agp but i don't think it'd be much better with 8x. i'm going to get 9600xt i think :)

My Rig:
AthlonXP 2000+ 1.677ghz
GeForce Verto FX5200 128mb DDR
Maxtor 7200RPM 80GB, Stock 40gb
Kingston 384MB DDR
Cendyne 52x24x52 CD-RW
Lite-On 4x DVD-RW
Go EMachines...:(

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
8x agp wont make 1fps of difference. just lettin you know :)

-------