Apr 29, 2023
My motherboard is Intel DH61HO. I have 4gb DDR3 ram. Processor: Intel Pentium G620 dual core 2.60Ghz (65 TDP)
Windows 8.1 64 bit. I planned to buy Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2gb ddr5, will it work without problems? And what about gaming experience, not in present games but a little old like Gta V. Is it compatible?

Solution
30 fps low settings 720p for? Current games? Or old ones?

Games from when the GPU was new. And probably not all games; AAA games from the 2014 timeframe will only be playable if they're decently optimized.

Realistically, it's a non-gaming GPU from 2014. Expectations have to be tempered considerably. GTA V may be playable for you and most AAA games before 2010 or so ought to be quite playable. And, of course, there are decades of great games out there before that, and lots of fun games that aren't AAA titles will run well on them.
GTA V is a tall order and the minimum system requirements call for a quadcore CPU. If you have enough CPU then you can turn down the settings to look like GTA:SA, but you can't do much with not enough CPU even if you have a good GPU.

It would be better to upgrade your CPU to something like the i7-3770 which should be compatible with your board, or any other Ivy bridge CPU with HD Graphics 4000 (GT2) as those are more than twice as fast as your current IGP and about as fast as a GT730 DDR3. The GDDR5 GT730 is equivalent to the next generation of IGP that arrived a year later with Haswell in the HD Graphics 4600

Reactions: BroNo332
Apr 29, 2023
GTA V is a tall order and the minimum system requirements call for a quadcore CPU. If you have enough CPU then you can turn down the settings to look like GTA:SA, but you can't do much with not enough CPU even if you have a good GPU.

It would be better to upgrade your CPU to something like the i7-3770 which should be compatible with your board, or any other Ivy bridge CPU with HD Graphics 4000 (GT2) as those are more than twice as fast as your current IGP and about as fast as a GT730 DDR3. The GDDR5 GT730 is equivalent to the next generation of IGP that arrived a year later with Haswell in the HD Graphics 4

It would be better to upgrade your CPU to something like the i7-3770 which should be compatible with your board, or any other Ivy bridge CPU with HD Graphics 4000 (GT2) as those are more than twice as fast as your current IGP and about as fast as a GT730 DDR3. The GDDR5 GT730 is equivalent to the next generation of IGP that arrived a year later with Haswell in the HD Graphics 4600
Understood.
(But will gt730 2gb Ddr5 work in my pc, I have mentioned the specs above, that's the main question).
I saw that Gta V is very optimized and a GPU hungry game as well as minimum 8 gb ram. It should work I think.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Understood.
(But will gt730 2gb Ddr5 work in my pc, I have mentioned the specs above, that's the main question).
I saw that Gta V is very optimized and a GPU hungry game as well as minimum 8 gb ram. It should work I think.

It ought to *work* but the question is if it will be *good* or not. This was a very rudimentary GPU when it was released in 2014, so I can't imagine that a AAA title of that era will be a very good experience. But it depends on how comfortable you are at low framerates. It may be sort of OK, like 30 FPS at 720p with low quality.

Apr 29, 2023
It ought to *work* but the question is if it will be *good* or not. This was a very rudimentary GPU when it was released in 2014, so I can't imagine that a AAA title of that era will be a very good experience. But it depends on how comfortable you are at low framerates. It may be sort of OK, like 30 FPS at 720p with low quality.
Ok.30 fps low and 720p🥲 but all other GPU's are very costly. Is there any issue with psu?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
30 fps low settings 720p for? Current games? Or old ones?

Games from when the GPU was new. And probably not all games; AAA games from the 2014 timeframe will only be playable if they're decently optimized.

Realistically, it's a non-gaming GPU from 2014. Expectations have to be tempered considerably. GTA V may be playable for you and most AAA games before 2010 or so ought to be quite playable. And, of course, there are decades of great games out there before that, and lots of fun games that aren't AAA titles will run well on them.

Solution
Apr 29, 2023

Thanks for the information.I really appreciate your efforts 😀.