GeForce GTX 1060 StormX 6gb

sayler350

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hello everyone

I am searching for gtx 1060 6gb to purchase and aftermarket one GeForce GTX 1060 StormX NE51060015J9F is the cheapest wherr I live. I searched on google, yt on reviews about it but it seems I cannot find any. I am mostly concerned about this card because there is just 1 cooler on it and it seems there isn't much info about it on internet. I havr heard that palit is good brand, palit jetstream for example, but I haven't heard anything about Palit StormX
Any info on this gpu card would be most appreciated!

sayler350

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Very appreciate fast respond in this late hour but topic on that post is about Palit Dual(2 fans) while Palit StormX only has one. But I am thinking I should go and spend 40€ more for g1 gaming gigabyte card instead of banging my head on the wall.

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
The one fan design is a reference design. All air is vented out the back of the case. This is really only required in specific situations and isn't the most efficient.

Unless you have a tiny case that really can't handle the heat, or something blocking where the fans would intake, I would go for one that doesn't do reference design. You can see the fins on the sides and generally they have more than one fan for cards that aren't reference based.

It's not a terrible thing, but it's just not as efficient at cooling.

Bartek_Shady101

Reputable
Jul 23, 2017

Would the single fan design run much higher than the dual fan? Im thinking of buying the storm x as its only 277e on mindfactory.de, should I pay 20e extra for a second fan?

TRENDING THREADS