Question Geforce Gtx 1070 Oc, cooler doesn't work all the time even if its too much hot

Jun 20, 2019
Hello guys, I have Geforce Gtx 1070 Oc, and I just noticed that when I am playing a videogame cooler is not working all the time even if the video card is too much hot, is it normal? I mean if the video card is hot why cooler is not working all the time? this is my question )

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What video games are being played?

Is the system being overclocked? If so, post the OC specs accordingly.

"Too much hot" is a bit subjective but it is generally recognized that "too hot" is, indeed, likely to indicate a problem.

What actual component temperatures are you seeing? Fans and fan speeds? Details matter.

Reactions: Gio1705
Jun 20, 2019
What manufacturer/model Geforce Gtx 1070 Oc ?
What temperatures are you observing?

Some models may turn on cooling only after specific temperature is reached.

Thank you for a reply ) full name is Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 oc, I was playing resident evil 7, I took foto of my video card but I could not post it here to show you cuz I did not find a way how to post, sorry I don't know much about pc and can't answer you about what temperature I am observing

Jun 20, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What video games are being played?

Is the system being overclocked? If so, post the OC specs accordingly.

"Too much hot" is a bit subjective but it is generally recognized that "too hot" is, indeed, likely to indicate a problem.

What actual component temperatures are you seeing? Fans and fan speeds? Details matter.

I have i3 8100, 8 gb ram and Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 oc, I was playing resident evil 7, thats all what I can answer from your questions, I have poto of my video card but I am not able to post it here to show you

Thank you for a reply ) full name is Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 oc
Nope. That is not a full model name.

Pretty much every graphics card manufacturer has several Gtx 1070 models with OC in model name.
It would be something like this:
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8G
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G
ASUS Geforce GTX 1070 8GB DUAL OC
Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Expedition OC
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 AERO ITX OC 8GB
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 AERO OC 8GB

TRENDING THREADS