Question Geforce GTX 1660 - - - No signal through HDMI, but DisplayPort works ?

Feb 18, 2023
Mother Board: CYBERPOWERPC B360M Xtreme (Powered by ASROCK)
RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000(16A) 8GBx1
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Ventus XS 6G OC
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz
O.S: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045 Build 19045
BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. P4.00, Date: 3/19/2019
BIOS Mode: UEFI
SMBIOS Version: 3.1

Hello. I have a problem. First, when I turned ON my computer, it boots up with no problem, but If I do a restart, everythings acts as normal (fans, keyboard, leds, turns ON and no error beeps), except there's no video signal. I have to press the power button for 5 secs, turn it OFF and turn it ON again and it boots normally.

What I tried:
  • I took out the GPU and RAM stick and cleaned them.
  • Changed the CMOS Battery for a new one and reset the BIOS Settings to factory default. Tried to update the BIOS but theres no update file for it.
  • Tried a different TV as display and different HDMI Cable.
  • Tested the SSD's with CrystalDiskInfo. SSD's are good.
  • Tested RAM with the Microsoft utility. Working good.
  • Turned off the Quick Boot option on Windows.
  • All Windows Updates are installed.
After all that, nothing changed... until randomly it stopped sending video signal through HDMI. So I connected a DisplayPort Cable to a TV and now there's Video Signal without problem. Don't know why the HDMI port stopped working randomly but DisplayPort is working. Already tried restarting the PC and works. But whats wrong?

So, normally I'd say check the monitor settings using the built in menu on the monitor to make sure it's input is set to HDMI and not Displayport. But if you've already done that, or if it was working fine and then suddenly wasn't, it can really only be a couple of things.

Bad cable.
Bad HDMI output on the graphics card. (At this point, most likely reason)
Bad HDMI input on the monitor. (Least likely reason, ever, but happens sometimes)
Problem with the motherboard or PSU (Could be likely. CyberpowerPC is not known for high quality)

What is the model of your PSU?

Do you know anybody with another PC you can try the card in to see if HDMI works when installed in another computer. That would eliminate a lot of questions.