GEFORCE GTX 460 BLANK SCREEN

dvb43

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hello,

Just received the GeForce GTX 460 and installed it into my Gigabyte PCIe slot. Started the pc and no picture. I connected it with the power supply cable and without; in both cases the fan worked, but the monitor stayed asleep. The extra power cable has 2 white connectors and only one end for the video card. The instructions are really bad.

I hope you technically-sound individuals can help this poor soul.

Use the PCIe power cables that came attached to the PSU, if possible. The extra cable is for combining two Molex connectors if your PSU doesn't have two PCIe cords (what's the model of that, by the way?). If you have a decent PSU, which I hope you do, you won't need that extra cable. Plug the monitor's DVI cable into the card, not the motherboard.

dvb43

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hello,

My PSU is a BLAZER AF-B500 500watt (white plastic connectors with 4 pins ... the video card connector is 5/6 pin with 2 white 3 pin ends forking off (Iguess to be connected to the PSU)); Mobo is GIGABYTE M68M-S2P rev2.3 with 4G memory.

dvb43

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Sirs, you have exceeded my expectations with the lightening responses. I shall go to a pc store tomorrow and ask for a PSU that can run the video card. Thank you. I shall also update you as to what they say. Thank you again.

BlackHawk91

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Is this your PSU http://www.pcenlinea.com/mp/56705.html? I can't find any info about it. It is most likely a bad psu that could damage your video card in the future. I suggest you change it.