Geforce GTX 650 Ti crashing with drivers

Apr 13, 2018
HI everyone,

I just built my first rig. 1600x ryzen 5 by amd, 16 gigs of ddr4, MSI B350M Mortar motherboard, 750W corsair PSU, and an Nvidia geforce gtx 650ti.

I put everything together and it works fine until i or windows installs the Nvidia drivers. It will turn on go to the login screen, i will login in and then once i am into the system, it will flicker then give me a black or blue or green etc. screen. I can stop the problem by disabling the card in device manager but then i can do any gaming and such. The driver version that i tried is 391.35. my friend but the card into his machine and it worked great with the driver version 388.13.
Please help!!
Thanks

Solution
This problem usually happens when you've been running on another graphics card and then swap over, the OS has files in the registry that clash with the new GPU, but this is a new build so I assume it has a freshly installed OS? If so, all I can suggest is use DDU (run in safe mode), it will remove as much of the display drivers as it can and try installing again.
This problem usually happens when you've been running on another graphics card and then swap over, the OS has files in the registry that clash with the new GPU, but this is a new build so I assume it has a freshly installed OS? If so, all I can suggest is use DDU (run in safe mode), it will remove as much of the display drivers as it can and try installing again.

Solution
Apr 13, 2018

I will try that if I cant get it to work. When it first happened i completely removed windows and reinstalled it again still happened.

TRENDING THREADS