Question geforce gtx 660 (code 43) and resolution stuck on 1024x768 / need help? :c

Oct 16, 2019
so my friend gave me his old pc without a graphics card and my other friend gave me his old original gtx 660. so i started up the pc and i instantly noticed it’s on low resolution 1024x768. I tried changing it but the option is grayed out. Next up I tried updating the drivers via nvidia geforce experience and manually download the latest drivers. didn’t work. after that i decided to totally reset the pc as it was still full of my friend’s old files and games. After the everything was still the same, low resolution and unable to change. installed the drivers again but didnt work. Then i also noticed the code 43 on my geforce gtx 660 on the device manager. next up i tried udd, ran my pc on safe more , disabled automatic windows update and disconnected from the network. uninstalled all the nvidia drivers via udd and installed the latest drivers from nvidia i had downloaded previously. and the problem remains. also checked if the gpu is correctly in his slot and i assume it was. im really having a headache since ive been trying to fix it for most of my freetime in the past few days.

Oct 16, 2019
does anyone have any experience with this and can maybe help me out?
i’d be super thankful to the person who helps me understand why is this problem occuring and maybe even get it fixed.