GeForce GTX 760 to be Nvidia's Last Graphics SKU for 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 700 series looks to be less of a product refresh and just nVidia spreading out the performance tiers a bit. The 680 through the 660ti were pretty tight in performance so this makes a lot of sense. When rumors of a cut down GK110 surfaced I wondered how they were going to fit it into the naming scheme, this "partial refresh" allowed them to fit it in without further deviation. There really isn't much reason for them to change the whole lineup, except maybe to cleanup the naming scheme.

Wonder how long after the Radeon 8k series drops the GeForce 800 series will surface. They definitely made it harder for AMD to match/surpass their cards at each price/performance tier.

lp231

Splendid

8 cores is already out, they're Xeon E5 and the cheapest and slowest cost around $1000.
It may be a few years until we see 8 core version of the i7.

wysiwygbill

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
No dual GPUs shown, even the 690? I was hoping for something with more memory than the 2GB per GPU that the 690 has for custom textures.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I don't understand the purpose of all these new SKUs. The performance per dollar has remained pretty much the same for almost 2 years.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
That's good. I'm not buying ANYTHING until Nvidia quits barfing up rebrands and comes up with an updated architecture. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but I look forward to the redesigns and expanded features support. I feel I'm getting my money's worth on that.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
What are we expecting from AMD then? Time for them to respond because at the moment there's no reason to buy the vast majority of their cards. For the first time in a long time Nvidia is beating them on both performance and price ( value is debatable as the never settle bundle includes some high end games, but it only goes so far if you don't care about them)

Status
Not open for further replies.