Geforce GTX 780 SLI Overclocking Question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Etorpine

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
Hey guys, I recently got my new rig and decided to switch from the Radeon HD 8990 Dual GPU to two NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780 cards on an SLI setup. I'm planning on overclocking them but I'll only done this once before and it was with EVGA (which can't be downloaded right now as far as I know.) and was wondering what the best setting for this would be. Now, I know I could boot up Heaven Benchmark and just tamper with it until something crashes or I see artifacts, which I probably will end up doing but I'd just like a bit of input first. Also, my computer has advanced liquid cooling (high ass end version with a copper plated radiator and all), so I figured it wouldn't be as big of a worry with the temps.

Anyway, to any of you guys with experience OC'ing these wonderful cards, what's a good goal for my core and memory clocks, as well as the voltage? I already have an idea of what temps I need to be at.

Also, what's the best overclocking software out at the moment? As I said, EVGA is down.

Solution
ok probably could go to 1200mhz easy without a major temp spike. after that the temps/life may get lower you could always increase fan speed,pump speed, etc to keep them cooler if you want a higher overclock.

Etorpine

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
The Haswell's are only currently rated at about maybe a 5% performance increase tops, low overclocking support at sky high premiums and as of right now DDR4 is pretty much pointless. I just did like two hours worth of research, I'll definitely be passing these up for a few years.