Question GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB - Code 43 Error

Aug 13, 2020
Hi All,

I need your expert advice!

2 weeks ago I experienced code 43 on my GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Gigabyte and reimaged my Windows 10 64 Bit PC to try and resolve this issue.

I spent 6 hours researching to conclude that it's either a driver issue or hardware issue. I performed the usual DDU and uninstalled/installed various driver versions with no luck. Still stuck with yellow ! icon with code 43 - I blamed it on the hardware.

Last week, I managed to get another GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Founders Edition card from CeX and yet the same code 43 again with a fresh install of Windows 10 64 bit with a CMOS reset. The test bench there was also experiencing the same driver error ! code 43 - I complained and said it was Dead on Arrival since it wasn't working for them either. So I requested a replacement to be sent.

1 week later, this time a GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Zotac arrived at my home address. The same again, code 43!

Please, could anyone suggest what else it could be? For the last 2 weeks, my machine has been running perfectly fine running off my onboard video. I've already replaced the card twice now?

SPECCY LINK
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/d1iNieKWZjPpya7XsSptHH2

SPECS
Processor: Intel Quad Core i7 6700K CPU 4.00GHz
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory: Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 Vengeance LPX 16GB
Hard Drive: Samsung 256GB 830 SSD | Crucial 256GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB (Gigabyte) = Now ZOTAC
Monitor: SAMSUNG Curve 32” HD LED 1080P
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech X-530 5.1 / Corsair VOID PRO RGB Wireless Dolby 7.1 Premium Gaming Headset
keyboard: Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L RGB Mechanical
Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Mouse Surface: Razer Vespula
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-P
PSU: Corsair TX850M 850W

rgfXKcv.png

PF5ykWS.png

JKxwm4e.png

J7BMoKD.png

Please, could someone advise?

Thanks so much, it's been nearly 3 weeks of pain..

Aug 13, 2020
Hi cin19!

Thanks for getting back to me, I can try later today to uninstall this update.

However, I've had the issue before Windows had been updated when I had to reimaged the machine.

Although this is a new card which arrived yesterday and 2004 being installed on the 8th August I believe, I can only give it a shot and hope.

I have a friend who suggests it could be the motherboard which is faulty, as both PCI slots does not detect/allow the graphics card to be installed?

Update
No luck! 😥

Last edited: