GeForce GTX Titan Inbound, Already Listed at Online Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetleader

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
[citation][nom]pckitty4427[/nom]And why is there a picture of a Tesla GPU?[/citation]

It's supposedly a Tesla k20x card that couldn't quite meet the bin requirements for being in servers.

G

you are correct it is a K20 card and the benchmarks show its faster by 10% than the 690 GTX

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]PreferLinux[/nom]Except I am extremely doubtful that it is a dual-GPU card. More likely it is a single-GPU card and the benchmark is a fake.[/citation]

its not a dual gpu card. its one single GK110 chip

The benchmark is arguably fake/doctored and I doubt the Titan will be released out side of a limited number and a high price for those who wish to have 690 like performance without having to run into SLI scaling issues

G

its a single card guys, 10% faster than a GTX 690. this is what nvidia wanted to put out originally but the yelid was extremely low, they must of figured out to fix that.

raxman

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Maybe it will be released on April 1st?

Anyway, the point of this card is for CUDA/compute, not for games. The GK104 is rather weak when it comes to compute, especially for double floating point, and a Titan with a GK110 would be competitive with AMD again for "budget" compute.

raxman

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Maybe it will be released on April 1st?

Anyway, the point of this card is for CUDA/compute, not for games. The GK104 is rather weak when it comes to compute, especially for double floating point, and a Titan with a GK110 would be competitive with AMD again for "budget" compute.

[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]So this is independent of the 600 or 700 series?[/citation]
based off of the kepler arch 6xx but not actually part of the 6xx lineup

[citation][nom]PreferLinux[/nom]EXACTLY my point. The K20 IS dual-GPU.[/citation]

it is not

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dfdodkoij[/nom]its a single card guys, 10% faster than a GTX 690. this is what nvidia wanted to put out originally but the yelid was extremely low, they must of figured out to fix that.[/citation]

Its the server part that has one GPC (Graphics Processing Cluster) disabled, much like the AMD's tri-core days that were actually quad's with one core disabled. I doubt the yeilds have improved that much, rather this is a sensible thing to do. If one gpc have any defect and the rest is working fine, they disable it to make sure the card runns fine and then sell it. Even with one gpc cluster disabled it still looks like this single gpu card will kick even the current dual gpu cards and that's no small feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.