GeForce GTX Titan X Lands, Nvidia Finally Reveals Full Details

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmi86

Distinguished
Looks like NV might be a bit worried about what AMD is about to drop. Usually they wait until AMD's flagship release to drop the uncut die monster of their current architecture to take back bragging rights of fastest single GPU from an AMD product costing half as much. Not trying to hate, just speaking the truth,

Or as has happened before, they have something even more powerful waiting in the wings.

Do you recall a little while back AMD released a new line of cards and Nvidia's reaction was "not impressed" followed by the release of the 750 and 750Ti? At least I think it was those two...

cmi86

Distinguished

The only thing I could see possibly happening around the time AMD launches 300 is getting big maxwell (970/980/Ti/TitanX) on 20nm or less, and that is a huge possibly because I have not heard much if anything about a fab change being in the pipeline. I don't feel like it has been long enough for NV to have something entirely new ready to ship at the drop of AMD's 300 cards. In the past several generations it has been their strategy to save their uncut 100% die for shortly after AMD's new drop to hold NV over until they drop their next gen. I could be totally wrong but that would require Nvidia to completely abandon their almost in stone release cycle. I guess only time will tell, either way I am excited to see what happens. 150W 980Ti on 20nm would be awesome !

Well if the speculation started by that .ini file turns out to be true then Nvidia don't NEED anything new! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.