Geforce GTX Titan X

Lucas Wong

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
I am just wondering what the hell is the Geforce GTX Titan X for because it's so damn expensive yet the GTX 980 ti is quite good also

great question, the whole world was left asking that after the 980ti came out. it was the best card on the market, but now there are 980tis for the same price that can beat it. and ones about $200 less than can tie it or get very close. pretty much now that card is just a bragging right. it has a whopping 12 GB or VRAM but unless you are bill gates, good luck getting four of them in SLI to make the full 12 GB usable.

The TITAN X is still a mystery. While the 12GB of vram is cool, it won't be maxed out in a long time. Plus, they took double precision (I think) off the Titan X which all the other titans do have. So it's even more crazy to buy now.

I personally think the titan x was a money maker until the 980 tis came out.

razer switch

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
The titan x was made for people who will keep their pcs for a long long time.3d modelers and renderers can fill up the vram on cards pretty quick. Also, a couple of years ago, 1gb was considered enough for 1080p. Now 2gb is the minimum for 1080p gaming. Hope this answers your questions.

True, however the RAW gpu horsepower isn't enough for even 4k gaming. Let alone more demanding games in the future.

If they made the titan X with 1/3rd more cuda cores and only 8GB of vram, that thing would be way better off in games.