GeForce II: Stars 'n Stripes after wake-up

G

Hello, have a Hercules GeForce II GTS Pro.
Every time after system wakes up from standby/sleep-mode or even after simple Turn-off Monitor (Win98, Pwr Mgmt), I have nuffin' but vertical lines on my display and cursor is flashing block.
Switching monitor off/on doesn't change anything.
Had to disable any power-save on every level so system never shuts down monitor again (disk sleep no prob, tho).

Anybody any experiences/suggestions 'bout this ??
Thanks!

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sys Conf
PIII 733
Abit SE6(815E)
256/PC133
SB Live X-Gamer
3 Com NIC
GF2 Pro(Hercules)

Yep have had that problem as well under Win98 SE. Have tried the Hercules 6.35 as well as Nvidia 6.31 referance drivers. Funny thing is that under win2k with the exact same bios settings the monitor will wake up fine from sleep. I had those lines first when i swapped out my TNT2 Ultra for the GF2 Pro. Swapped back to the TNT2 Ultra, not problem. Went back to Pro.....nice blue, red, etc lines on the monitor with some areas scrolling upward. Dumped Win98 went to Win2k. Had no problems. No back to Win98 SE, the lines have returned. It has to be a problem with the drivers and the Pro under win98, Win2k has no problems. If you figure something out, let me know. Im about to call Hercules tomorrow about it. Now I know im not the only one with this problem

TRENDING THREADS