Question Geforce last driver missed up my gpu

Nov 1, 2020
So earlier today I installed the new geforce driver and after it finished installing, I observed a massive fps drop in cod cold war. I thought it's just a regular cod bug so I didn't give it much attention.

However, I was later then studying and all of the sudden a full green screen appears and the pc crashed, so I restarted it, it later passes the windows logo screen and gets stuck before the login screen, and all I see is a black screen and the keyboard, mouse turn off, but I noticed that all fans are running well and the gpu rgb/fans are running.

I later then pulled out my old 750ti and replaced it with my rtx 2070, and the pc started just fine and everything was working well.

Note: my pc is quite old and I upgraded my gpu a month ago from a 750 ti to rtx 2070 (i know it's a massive jump but I couldn't afford a whole new pc at the time), but everything was running well before the update.

Here are my pc specs :
Cpu: i7 4790
Gpu: asus rtx 2070
Motherboard: asrock z97 extreme4
Psu: corsair tx650M
16gb ram

Thanks..

Nov 1, 2020
i'm feeling it could be the GPU, but even more likely, a failing power supply.
Do you have a respectable psu you can swap in?
I just had this psu like 2 weeks ago, its brand new and my older psu is not compatible with my 2070 rtx

Even if it was the gpu, how could it pass the loading screen in the first place? shouldn't it just peeps and never runs?

Nov 1, 2020
So do you get black screen on both GPU?

why were you using a TI when you had a 2070? did you put it in to see if it had same problems?
My main gpu is the 2070, which is the gpu that has the problem. I switched then to the ti to see if it also has the same problem, but it went fine

Nov 1, 2020
did you try running ddu and reinstall old drivers, and then swap 2070 back in and check it? Could be card or drivers at this point.
I just did the ddu and swapped back to the 2070 and same issue, even though the fans of the gpu are running and everything.
Does that mean it's over for the gpu?